About a month ago I bought an ice cream maker. It's' something I've wanted for a while. Well, let me tell you, I just love it! It's so easy to use and the recipes I've come across couldn't be simpler. Today, being as hot as it is here in New York, is a great day to go home and mix up a batch.
So far, I've made vanilla with chocolate chips and a delicious rich chocolate. I started with the basic flavors and used non-custard recipes, which means I didn't need to use eggs and no pre-cooking was called for. I've also put together the best-I've-ever-had orange sherbet.
As long as I have the ice cream maker insert chilled and ready to go, all I need to do is combine the ingredients, pour the mixture into the machine and turn on the switch. About thirty minutes later my I will be in frozen treat heaven.
Tonight I will attempt strawberry frozen yogurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment